Paying a Court Imposed Fine
Where do I pay my court imposed fine?
You must pay your fine directly to the Court. Court fines cannot be paid at any other agency.
How do I pay my fine?
There are several ways in which to pay a Court imposed fine:
- In person at the Enquiry Counter at the ACT Law Courts by:
- Cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard only)
- bank cheque, personal cheque or money order addressed to the Registrar, ACT Magistrates Court.
- By post along with a bank cheque, personal cheque or money order made out to:
ACT Magistrates Court
GPO Box 370 Canberra City ACT 2601
Please provide contact details and reference to the fine being paid.
- By phone calling (02) 6205 0000 and paying by credit card (Visa and Mastercard only)
- By direct debit by filling in direct debit form.
What if I am unable to pay in the time allowed?
If you are unable to pay the full amount of the fine within the time allowed by the court, you may apply to the Court to pay installments by direct debit.
For enquiries regarding financial hardship, please contact the Fines Unit on (02) 6205 4902 to discuss what options may be available to you.